The Best Charcoal Grills for Your Next Cookout

I remember it like it was yesterday: My fiancé (then boyfriend) and I went to the Poconos with some friends a few years ago. Since our rental house had a charcoal grill, someone started to barbecue some steaks—and they were delicious. Charred on the outside, but juicy inside? Yes, please. “Charcoal grills make everything better,” my fiancé said as the group scrounged for seconds. Turns out, he’s not the only one who recognizes the power of the charcoal grill; this option is a must-have among grilling enthusiasts and pitmasters alike.

If you aren’t a grill master, the mere thought of a charcoal setup might seem a little intimidating. After all, you can’t regulate the heat as quickly as with a gas grill. “People cite convenience as the reason to use a gas grill,” says Andrea Chesman, author of The Vegetarian Grill. “But once I learned how to dependably light charcoal using cardboard egg cartons for kindling and a chimney, I knew I could have a hot fire in 30 minutes, which is generally the time needed to prep all the ingredients.”

Read More >>



Comments