15 Best Bar & Alcohol Gifts, According to Our Resident Drinks Expert

It should come as no surprise that as someone who has been professionally drinks-saturated for the last 15 years, my go-to gifts are all beverages, all the time. I grew up in a family that had relatively robust gift-giving traditions (for example, every year, our gifts came with riddles we had to solve before we could open them), so I've developed a useful set of principles that I live by.

For me, gifting is less about the transfer of property from one person to another, but really about showing someone how much you know and love them. Shareable gifts such as alcohol and non-boozy drinks are a perfect way to express that because it says, “Hey, I like you, and I think you will like this thing. Let’s enjoy it together.” Consumables like drinks (again) are also great because you’re asking far less of the recipient. They don’t have to hang on to whatever tchotchke you gave them long enough so that they don’t look callous for swiftly discarding (or regifting) it.

Read More >>



Comments