Summer light meal: Baked Salmon with Caper Sauce

If you're like me, you get busy around summer time, which is coming up fast.  Whether it's work, hanging with friends, or running errands, I'm simply on the go when the weather warms up.

When this happens, I look for ways to make my meals faster so that I can squeeze more activities throughout my day.  I already posted on baked chicken previously.  This one is for baked salmon with caper sauce. 

First of all, I like baked meals simply because after prepping, I stick it in the oven and I'm free to do a few things until the food is done.  If the timer is long enough, I can even run an errand out of the house.

Salmon with Lemon Dill Caper Sauce

Image source: Necessary Indulgences via Flickr

So what do I do for a baked salmon?  Let's say I'm cooking for two, I use the following:

- 2 slices of salmon,
- butter,
- 1/2 teaspoonful of chopped parsley,
- salt, pepper, and grated nutmeg to taste.
Baked Salmon


I place the salmon in a baking-dish while placing pieces of butter over it.  Then, I add the other ingredients, rubbing a little of the seasoning into the fish.  I bake it in the oven at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.  If I'm nearby, I baste it from time to time.

When done, I pour caper sauce over it and serve.  On occasion, I'm out of caper sauce and didn't want to go out to get it.  So I simply use mustard as a substitute.

Not only is salmon delicious, but it is also healthy.  Among its benefits that includes lowering risk of cancer and maintaining eye vision, salmon has Omega-3 fatty acids that keeps the skin and hair healthy.  Apparently, these Omega-3s alleviate skin blemishes and maintain a good luster of hair.  Also, according to Harvard:
Eating fish fights heart disease in several ways. The omega-3 fats in fish protect the heart against the development of erratic and potentially deadly cardiac rhythm disturbances. They also lower blood pressure and heart rate, improve blood vessel function, and, at higher doses, lower triglycerides and may ease inflammation. The strong and consistent evidence for benefits is such that the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, the American Heart Association, and others suggest that everyone eat fish twice a week./blockquote>
#baked_salmon, click for recipe
baked salmon sprinkled with chopped green onions

Comments