DIYers, Grab Your Brushes—The 2023 Colors of the Years Are Here

I have come to the realization that it will never not be hot outside. Every morning, I carefully walk out onto my balcony while precariously balancing my laptop, phone, and an overflowing mug of hot coffee with the hopes that today will finally be the day when it’s pleasant enough to sit outside, even for just 30 minutes. But it never is and thus, I turn on my heels, spilling coffee onto my artificial turf rug (the only green space within a 20-minute walk of my apartment), and head back inside.

Spending all my time indoors means that, yes, I’m sacrificing a bronzed complexion and fresh air in favor of a room that’s perpetually at a comfortable 72℉. But it also means that I spend a lot of time staring at the walls, daydreaming about what shade of paint would look good in the room beyond “rental white.” And now that a handful of brands have announced their picks for the 2023 Color of the Year, my mind is running wild (because Lord only knows my body certainly won’t in this heat). Overlooking the fact that the once singular “color of the year” is now a collection of at least a dozen hues from brands like Valspar and HGTV Home by Sherwin-Williams, I find myself imagining my bathroom walls painted in Blue Arrow (“a cooled-down blue with a yellow undertone that brings a modern charm to any space,” according to Valspar) or a hallway colored with the conservatively-named Restrained Gold from HGTV Home by Sherwin-Williams.

Read More >>



Comments