The Sharpest, Sturdiest Bread Knives for Every Budget

A crusty baguette or golden-brown loaf of challah, haphazardly smear it with fig jam, and layer it with a slice of brie on top, a bread knife offers unparalleled precision for slicing bread. Plus, you can use it to cut even slices of a ripe tomato without the fruit collapsing into a juicy mess on a cutting board. I’ve rounded up the best bread knives based on my own experience, plus a few that fellow bread lovers recommend.

My Personal Favorite

Thomas Keller Signature Knife Collection

By the time this knife came into my possession, I already owned and loved my Wüsthof Classic Ikon Bread Knife (see below) and was skeptical that any other knife could knock it off of the podium. But this one from the acclaimed French Laundry chef did. It feels like the sturdiest, sharpest bread knife I’ve ever laid my hands on. The crafted wood box is super attractive and provides added protection, so I don’t have to worry about the knife being dulled, chipped, or getting beat up by the other knives in my kitchen drawer (you know how competitive they can get).

Read More >>



Comments