Did You Know You Can Rent Tools?

As an avid at-home DIYer and a city-dweller, I know very well the limitations that a small space or budget can have on the projects you can take on. There was a time when all I really had in my tool arsenal was a drill, but now I’m the proud owner of three different power saws, two sanders, a sewing machine, and about a million little tools and accessories to go along with them. But not everyone has the room (or the desire!) to store this many tools. In fact, I actually ended up building a cabinet from scratch just to house all these things.

Enter: tool rentals. I was recently reminded of this ingenious resource by Instagram friend and incredible DIYer, Dominique Gebru (of @Dommdotcom). Usually, if I don’t have a tool myself, I enlist the help of my dad, who’s got at least one of everything (the guy has three 3-D printers, no joke), but I live over an hour away, and it’s not always convenient. You know what’s located five minutes down the road, though? A Home Depot. And that Home Depot rents a whole range of tools to accomplish any DIY, cleaning, or yard project, with pretty reasonable rates.

Read More >>



Comments