How I Decluttered My Giant Stack of Notebooks, Once & for All

Welcome to Playing Favorites, a new monthly series that puts our most beloved tools and gadgets front and center. Check in each month as our favorite cooks, authors, designers, and experts share what they reach for over and over again. From the dust-buster that misses nothing to the blender that tackles anything and the packing cubes that make travel a cinch, it’s the one time when playing favorites is a good thing.


I began my journey to declutter the volumes of paper I’d amassed like I do most daunting tasks: with equal parts trepidation and determination. After spending months sorting through, organizing, and recycling my excessive paper belongings, I knew I never wanted to (nor could I mentally and physically) commit to such an undertaking ever again. The primary culprits? Copies of old manuscripts, drafts of books in various stages of progress, and dozens of notebooks where I’d written out the stories before I typed them.

Read More >>



Comments