54 Sleep Teas Later, Here Are the Tastiest—& Sleepiest

After two weeks of drinking sleep-inducing herbal teas, I have never been so tired in my life. Regardless of flavor, these teas absolutely knocked me out. Like in the middle of the workday and during my pre-bed yoga practice (sorry, Adriene).

Drinking tea before bed is said to have a calming effect, improve sleep quality, and overall give you a restful sleep. Here’s the thing: I haven’t had a bad night’s sleep since 1995 when I was a nocturnal newborn. I’ve slept through phones ringing in the middle of the night and literal trees falling down (the norm during snowy Connecticut winters). I didn’t think I had any sleep problems that needed fixing, especially from just an eight-ounce cup of bedtime tea, but I was wrong. As I worked my way through 54 different caffeine-free tea bags, I found myself dozing off at inconvenient times, which I’m sure was only encouraged by my pandemic habit of working in a nearly horizontal position on the couch in front of the television.

Read More >>



Comments