TikTok's 15-Hour Potato Is the Best Thing on the Internet

I have a confession: I want to marry a potato. That’s right: a root vegetable that’s bronzed like a Ken doll will be my spouse. For those who know me, this won’t come as a surprise, since, for my entire life, I’ve been drawn to taters of every shape, size, and form. But there’s a new spud in town that I’ve got eyes for—TikTok’s 15-hour potato.

TikTok user Poppy O’Toole, who goes by the username of @poppycooks, posted a video of what she calls the “15-hour potato” that has since gone totally and completely viral. We don’t use the word viral lightly, either; since the TikTok was posted on August 1st, 2021, Poppy’s video has gained 18.2 million views, nearly three million likes, 12,000 comments, and 116,000 shares. At first glance, it’s hard to tell exactly what it is, but it certainly doesn’t resemble a potato. In fact, it more closely resembles a flaky pastry dusted in powdered sugar (one user said it looked like baklava). But in fact, each paper-thin layer that you see is a thin slice of potato.

Read More >>



Comments