Simple Flan Recipe

Sweets during the holidays is something hard to avoid. I'm guilty of serving up various dishes that are sugary. Flan is one of them. Learned it from my mom who learned it from her mom, and so on. It's unfortunate that my aunt, who is diabetic, is not able to eat this.

Simple and Amazing #Flan.  Click For Recipe

Ingredients:
  • 4-5 whole Eggs
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla
  • 1 can Evaporated Milk
  • 1 can Condensed Milk
  • 1 cup Sugar

Direction:

Preheat oven to 350 deg F.

Heat sugar in a saucepan at medium heat, stirring frequently so that it doesn't burn. Once the mixture becomes golden clear, pour it into a pie dish. Turn the dish frequently to evenly coat the bottom.

In a bowl, whisk the eggs, condensed and evaporated milks and vanillla. Pour mixture into the pie dish with caramelized sugar. Bake in oven for 60 minutes.

To serve, let cool, then invert on a serving plate. I prefer mine a little chilled, so I cool it in the fridge, too.

Comments