Peanut Butter Mousse Brownie Pie Recipe

There are such things that are "too good" for you. When it comes to food and, specifically, dessert, I consider combining chocolate and other rich ingredients to be "too good" for you, or at least for me and my aunt who's diabetic.

But like chocolate chip on chocolate cheesecake (#3 on this list), the peanut butter mousse brownie pie recipe that ran into (www.whatwereeating.com/) was something I had to try at least once.

Peanut Butter #Mousse Brownie #Pie.  Click For Recipe

Ingredients:
For the Brownies:
  • 4 oz dark chocolate, chopped
  • 1 stick butter, cut in cubes
  • 1 tbsp instant espresso or coffee (optional)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 3 fingered pinch of salt
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup all purpose flour

For the Peanut Butter Mousse:
  • 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter, (do NOT use natural or crunchy!)
  • 4 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 3 tbsp milk
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
  • 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream, very cold

For the Ganache:
  • 1/3 cup heavy cream
  • 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips

10 mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, roughly chopped

The instructions to make and the rest of the recipe is best seen at http://www.whatwereeating.com/recipes/killer-peanut-butter-mousse-brownie-pie/

I followed the directions closely and it's simple enough.

This pie tastes as fantastic as it looks.

One thing for sure though, is that this mousse brownie pie is very rich, both in looks, taste, and I'm quite sure, in calories. Honestly, I only had a slice and delivered the rest to my brother's apartment. It's just too rich for me to eat, but nevertheless, fun to make.

Comments